Baked goods may be consumed via the digestive system, but their effects are felt all the way in the chest. Crusty sweets like these are universally adored for all the right reasons, earning the name “happy desserts.” We’re content with life no matter how it tastes, but when two of our favourite flavours meet, it’s like we’ve died and gone to cake heaven. Delicious chocolate caramel cake is a good illustration of this. This flavorful cake is up there with the best of them, but it has one minor ingredient that prevents some people from trying it: eggs.
Unfortunately, the egg-filled variety is the norm when ordering cakes online in Pune, even if the traditional type is more appropriate for a more delicate dessert. Here is the recipe for the eggless version of the wonderful treat if you are one of the people who do not eat eggs for whatever reason. In that case, get to work and reward yourself with a slice of the best cake you’ve ever tasted.
- Servings: 8 scrumptious slices
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- Total Time: 2 Hours and 5 Minutes
If you’ve made up your mind to bake this sweet treat, you’ll need the following items:
First, for the chocolate cake base:
- One and a half cups of all-purpose flour
- Half a cup of cocoa powder
- One small teaspoon of lemon juice
- One teaspoon of Vanilla
- Six whole tablespoons of oil
- One cup warm milk
- One cup of powdered sugar
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of baking soda
Next, for Caramel Sauce:
- Half a cup of powdered sugar
- One big tablespoon of water
- Half a cup of whipped cream
- Half a small teaspoon of salt
- One small teaspoon of vanilla essence
For the sugary syrup:
- One-fourth cup of boiling hot water
- Half a cup of sugar
Lastly, for caramel frosting:
- 500 ml of heavy whipping cream
- 150 grams of cream cheese
- One-fourth cup of icing sugar , and
- 60 grams of delicious caramel sauce
Let’s not waste any time after gathering the necessary components but instead go right into preparing the delicious cake and if not a good cooking without any second thought order it from the best online cake store:
- Start by preheating the oven to 180 C for 35-40 minutes. Let the milk sit for about 5 minutes after adding the lemon juice and stirring it in, then drink up! Next, in a very large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, but don’t forget to add the sugar until after you’ve finished mixing everything else. So, pour the milk and lemon juice into a mixing bowl, and then fold in the dry ingredients and whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Grease two six-inch cake pans thoroughly and set aside until the batter is ready. Now, divide the mixture evenly between the two pans and place them in the oven to bake for 40 minutes.
- The cake’s caramel sauce can then be made by combining sugar and water and heating the mixture over a low to medium flame until the sugar has dissolved and the water has boiled. Remove the pan from the heat as soon as the sugar dissolves and the syrup reaches the desired stringy thickness.
- At this point, you should observe that the cream is bubbling vigorously; however, this is intended behaviour. Reheat it for one minute while stirring constantly. When ready, turn off the heat but keep stirring as you add the vanilla extract and salt to the cream all at once. The rich, slightly darkened cream is just what we were going for.
- Then, repeat the process to create another batch of sugar syrup and set it away. Next, whip some cream cheese until it reaches the desired smooth consistency, starting with softened cream cheese. Once the cream has reached the correct consistency, add the caramel sauce and icing sugar and continue beating.
- Put the whipped cream in a separate bowl and grab a piece of chocolate cake. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and water. Using a spatula, carefully separate the two layers of cake. Spread caramel sauce on the bottom layer and top with the next one; repeat these steps until you reach the top. Now chill the cake for 30 minutes to ensure the frosting sets properly, and then ice the entire cake with the same icing, decorating it as you see fit. Finally, sprinkle some caramel popcorn on top, and your dish is done.